Participants will learn how to use the resources of Google docs to integrate technology into their common core classroom. This session will provide guidance in using revision tools found online with your students and peers. Participants will create online documents and forms and work collaboratively to revise them. Revision is a critical piece of the writing process—and of your classroom curriculum. The sharing features of Google Docs/Forms enable you and your students to decide exactly who can access and edit documents. You’ll find that Google Docs/Forms helps promote group work and peer editing skills, and encourages multiple revisions and peer editing both for your students and when collaborating with your peers. Morning devoted to document creation in word, PowerPoint, and excel. Afternoon will be devoted to forms and sharing documents
- Participants will understand benefits of collaborative revision to student learning.
- Participants will use Google Docs to create online editable documents.
- Participants will learn to use revision guides to teach students online revision.
- Participants will demonstrate through discussion and the creation of a lesson plan the successful integration of document revision into their curricular instruction.
- Participants will use Google Forms to create forms to enhance their data collection strategies.
- Participants will use Google Forms to create online quizzes.
- Participants will embed forms and/or docs into websites.
8:30 - 8:45 - Why Google?
8:45 - 9:00 - Getting Logged In
9:00 - 9:15 - Word Documents
9:15 - 9:30 - Excel Documents
9:30 - 9:45 - PowerPoint Documents
9:45 - 10:00 - Templates
10:00 - 10:30 - Google Apps for Education
Docs and Drive
10:30 - 10:45 - Break
10:45 - 11:45 - Collaboration
11:45 - 12:45 - LUNCH
12:45 - 1:45 - Forms
1:45 - 2:00 - BREAK
2:00 - 2:15 - Brainstorming and Feedback
2:15 - 2:30 - QR Codes
2:30 - 3:00 - Connecting your Creations
Creating a lesson plan utilizing your documents
Posting lessons and/or forms
3:00 - 3:15 - Other Features of Docs
3:15 - 3:30 - Wrap Up/Questions/Sharing Results